Enabling support for debugging

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Enabling support for debugging

Postby Sachelis » January 12th, 2018, 11:44 pm

The Getting Started instructions say, "Once you start your first application [F5] and there is no valid PHP installation found, you can download and setup recommended version of PHP with pre-configured Xdebug within one click from Microsoft Web Platform Installer."

I just installed PHP Tools. When I press F5 (with a php page loaded), I momentary see a Chrome window saying, "Chrome script debugging enabled" and then I get a "403.14 - Forbidden" error.

How do I get the dialog titled "PHP Tools For Visual Studio" that is shown in the Configuring PHP section on https://docs.devsense.com/ that will install the debugger?

Thanks!

LATER: I see a message in the browser regarding IIS Express. Can it debug php? Do you have instructions on enabling it. Sorry for my newbieism!
Sachelis

Re: Enabling support for debugging

Postby Sachelis » January 13th, 2018, 5:58 pm

I had already created a php project in VS (before installing PHP Tools). I needed to create a new project, at which time I was prompted to install PHP and XDebug. Solved.
Sachelis

Return to PHP Tools