The debug doesn't works using step

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

The debug doesn't works using step

Postby massimopasquali » July 17th, 2017, 6:46 am

Hello,

I have installed PHP tools from 1 year. In this last mounth my debug doesn't works anymore.

If I press F8 to step out doesn't nothing happened, and my employ has the same problem.

can the support help?.

thanks in advance
massimopasquali

Re: The debug doesn't works using step

Postby Miloslav Beno » July 17th, 2017, 12:10 pm

Hello,

Could you please provide us with more information? If you start the debug session by F5 does it run? What do you see in Output pane?

F8 isn't the standard shortcut for Step Out, it should be Shift+F11. Or you've changed the keybindings?

Have you also checked the debug troubleshooting guide first https://docs.devsense.com/debugging/troubleshooting

Thanks!
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby massimopasquali » July 17th, 2017, 12:48 pm

Hi,

when I run the debug if I pressed F10 or F11 doesn't happened nothing, instead at my employ it works.

I attached you the screenshots of my configuration and of VS menu debug, where you will can see that links to step out, etc are disabled. You will find attached also a screenshot about my PHP.INI and VS PHP advanced
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
massimopasquali

Postby Miloslav Beno » July 18th, 2017, 9:33 am

Hello,

Thanks for the additional info and screenshots, I guess I know where the issue is. You are using the latest version?

There is a bug, which is going to be fixed in the next update, which prevents breaking on the entry point statement. Try to put a breakpoint on the second statement or start debug session by pressing F10 to see if it will break.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Miloslav Beno

Postby massimopasquali » July 18th, 2017, 11:27 am

Thanks, you have right. I stated the debug with F10. When you will publisher the correct version?
massimopasquali

Postby Miloslav Beno » July 19th, 2017, 8:16 am

Hello,

You can download the fixed version now. Please let me know if it works as expected.

Cheers!
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools