Save (not publish) to server

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Save (not publish) to server

Postby bitNine » May 26th, 2016, 11:56 pm

As a long time user of VS.php, I'm tired of their lack of response to support questions, and their failure to support TFS. So, time to evaluate something new. I just installed the plugin, so I plan on starting to test this out over the next week or so, but I have one question that I need to know the answer to.

Is there a way to save the current file to the server the moment it is saved? We operate off of a linux based dev server, then publish to production servers once we're ready. We also have a few applications that are for internal use, so there is no difference between dev an production. With VS.php when you hit ctrl+s, it saves the file to the server. This way we can quickly go back to the browser and refresh, without the complexities of being in debug mode, or having to publish the entire project.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
bitNine

Re: Save (not publish) to server

Postby Miloslav Beno » May 27th, 2016, 9:08 am

Hello!

Thank you for the question.

Currently we only have incremental publish on Build, but Publish on save is currently being developed. It's one of the most requested features, we will have it in preview version very soon so you will be able to try it out.

Please let us know if you'd find any other feature you are missing.

Have a great day,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby bitNine » May 27th, 2016, 1:55 pm

That is great to hear. It will be the deciding factor whether or not we purchase a couple of licenses. Any rough estimate on when that would be coming? We'd also be very interested in testing any build that has that feature. It's an absolute must for us.

I thought about using it the intended way with the local copy of PHP and web server, but one of our applications connects to a database with hundreds of millions of records, and does analysis on hundreds of thousands of records at a time. Having the database remotely just won't work for us, unfortunately.

Thank you!!
bitNine

publish on save

Postby drakeblood » July 6th, 2016, 3:41 pm

Hi, any news on this feature?
Right now, as a workaround, I made an hotkey to publish the currently selected file but is less than optimal approach as i need to remember to press it every time i do a save/ctrl+s

Is still in the todo list? When is expected? Would be enough a checkbox in the "Project Properties" for "publish on save" (the saved files, of course, not the whole project).

To make it complete would be great to add also hooks for the following events:
a) delete file => deletes it also on the server
b) rename file => renames it also on the server
c) move file => move it also on the server (and create the new path if doesn't exists)
d) copy/duplicate => i think is already covered with the basic "publish on save"

Thanks and keep up with the good work!
drakeblood

Postby metal450 » July 9th, 2016, 5:59 am

I'm just trying out PHP Tools, moving over from Eclipse (yuck). This was the first/most critical feature I looked for, too. Any idea how far off it is? If it's on the very near horizon I'm willing to wait, but if not, I might have to head over to VS.php instead...
metal450

Postby ningia » July 16th, 2016, 9:14 pm

Hi!
i've been waiting for this feature since when i've discovered ,just after purchase it, that wasn't already in php tools!
Any news about the release date ?
As much as i like your extension ...Seems hard to me to ,work on everyday projects without this feature!

Thanks in advance
ningia

Postby drakeblood » September 14th, 2016, 10:21 pm

Any news about this feature?
drakeblood

sync local to remote

Postby ningia » September 14th, 2016, 11:05 pm

Any chances to have the "FTP sync local to remote and the remote to local" ?
I Mean almost EVERY EDITOR has those features.. really hard to work without it ..
ningia

Postby sergyu91ma » September 15th, 2016, 10:12 am

I`m waiting for that too.

This is my proposal:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1753
sergyu91ma

Return to PHP Tools