REQ: opensource System.Data.SQLite to aid nugeting Phalanger

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

REQ: opensource System.Data.SQLite to aid nugeting Phalanger

Postby diddledan » March 19th, 2015, 3:31 pm

I note that there are specific changes in the System.Data.SQLite library binaries included in the GitHub repository. Unfortunately I cannot find any clue as to where the actual changes are documented or stored. Please could you dump the System.Data.SQLite source-code for the changed release into a separate repository on GitHub. Once these changes are public I intend to try to get them included upstream in the official SQLite package available from [url]SQLite.org[/url].

Once the changes are accessible via the official package on nuget, my current attempts can proceed: I'm attempting to remove all included third-party library code in favour of nuget-fetched packages. This is in an effort that I've just started to get Phalanger into a state where it, too, can be installed via nuget into a blank, or pre-existing, asp.net solution thereby upgrading it to be PHP-capable without requiring GAC or Administrator access.
diddledan

Re: REQ: opensource System.Data.SQLite to aid nugeting Phala

Postby Jakub Misek » March 19th, 2015, 3:41 pm

Sounds great! Actually I'm not aware of any changes in bundled SQlite binary. Maybe it is little bit outdated.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby diddledan » March 19th, 2015, 4:35 pm

Hi Jakub,

My inference is based on: https://github.com/DEVSENSE/Phalanger/b ... e.more.htm, specifically the mention of "Added overload for SQLiteFunction.RegisterFunction to accept a delegate instead of a type"

The official sources don't include such an overload on that function name. Their implementation only accepts a single argument (instead of the four that Phalanger is expecting it to accept in order to allow runtime generated delegate callbacks).

and commit ID 6c73ad33f4d15d287f86c19359312a1944546c1a from June 1 2012 (https://github.com/DEVSENSE/Phalanger/c ... 1944546c1a) by Damien DALY (MaitreDede: https://github.com/MaitreDede)

There is mention from the same user in this forum about problems with his attempt to get this working: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=705&p=3024#p3024
diddledan

Postby Jakub Misek » March 19th, 2015, 4:57 pm

I see. We should ask Damien. I'm sure these changes can be made outside SQlite.dll
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby diddledan » March 19th, 2015, 5:25 pm

I've reached-out to Damien directly via the Phalanger issue tracker: https://github.com/DEVSENSE/Phalanger/i ... t-83673175
diddledan

Postby MaitreDede » March 20th, 2015, 10:11 am

Hi all :)

I will take a look and come back shortly
MaitreDede

Postby diddledan » December 3rd, 2015, 9:31 pm

I managed to get the functionality included in the official SQLite packages from the sqlite project. Therefore as part of my PR #59 I have removed the bundled binaries in favour of the official and updatable release from sqlite.org via nuget.
diddledan

Return to Phalanger project