Errors moving project onto a remote server

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Errors moving project onto a remote server

Postby blackraven36 » January 7th, 2013, 4:22 pm

I have had no issues working with Phalanger on my local machine. Everything connects and everything works perfectly. However, when I moved the project onto a test server the build broke and I cannot seem to do anything about. I assume its a compilation issue but I cannot pin point what it is. The error that I get from PHP is as follows:

Syntax error: unexpected token 'List'

I upgraded to the latest version of Phalanger and it is in a 4.0 pool. Before upgrading the latest version of Phalanger I got something like:

Syntax error: unknown keyword include

Not word for word but it could not identify basic PHP syntax.

Any idea what is going on? I am sorry if this is a little bit vague please let me know if you need more information!
blackraven36

Re: Errors moving project onto a remote server

Postby Jakub Misek » January 7th, 2013, 5:42 pm

How do you compile the project? Is it standard PHP syntax, or CLR extended?

Thanks,
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby blackraven36 » January 29th, 2013, 10:15 pm

Hi! Thank you for you reply unfortunately we got caught up with other stuff that we had to complete and put this issue on the back burner. In my experience the code works directly off the web server including the C# libraries that we include into the project. I would assume this is the wrong approach to compilation though it works off my test machine perfectly. In other words, I just run the PHP files directly and everything works, including the CLR stuff.
blackraven36

Postby blackraven36 » January 31st, 2013, 8:41 pm

Ok, looks like we have a more distinct errer. Currently we are getting:

Could not load file or assembly 'php4ts.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

as an error. We have placed the php5ts.dll and the php4ts.dll in the Bin folder as well as the Bin/Extensions folder with no result. To reference the assembly information for phalanger we use the following lines:

<paths>
<set name="DynamicWrappers" value=".\Dynamic"/>
<set name="Libraries" value=".\bin"/>
<set name="ExtWrappers" value=".\bin"/>
<set name="ExtNatives" value=".\bin\Extensions"/>
</paths>

we are not sure what is going on here and have tried a very large number of things including re uploading the project. Reconfiguring our IIS including putting the files into their own application pool.

To give me about our setup:
-Our code ran, however broke when we overwrote the project with new files. It is possible we overwrote the config file which might of broken the build
-We are allowing 32 bit applications in the settings

Any help is very much appreciated!
blackraven36

Return to Phalanger project