Protect a php configuration file on a linux server / apache.

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Re: Protect a php configuration file on a linux server / apa

Postby nicolas33 » January 4th, 2013, 9:30 pm

Hi,

I can not compile a phalenger with your script, please could you check steps (http://support.devsense.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=906&p=4068#p4069) through which I passed and I say exactly where I'm wrong it would help me a lot, I do not understand what to do and where this problem ....

best regards
nicolas33

Postby Jakub Misek » January 6th, 2013, 4:59 pm

Phalanger is not compiled by any script - use Solutions\Phalanger.sln to compile binaries (or download prepared setup program and extract DLLs).

Thanks,
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby nicolas33 » January 6th, 2013, 8:37 pm

I tried with this archive: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/DEVSE ... 0(binaries).zip

but still don't work... :|
nicolas33

Postby Jakub Misek » January 6th, 2013, 9:55 pm

The simplest configuration is just to copy PhpNetCore.dll into /Bin/ of your web app, and setup request handler for *.php to be handled by Phalanger. So just add following into web.config:
Code: Select all
<system.web>
<!-- Handler for mod_mono or IIS classic mode -->
    <httpHandlers>
        <add path="*.php" verb="*" type="PHP.Core.RequestHandler, PhpNetCore, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=0a8e8c4c76728c71" />
    </httpHandlers>
It is all standard .NET/Mono configuration, Phalanger is nothing special in any way. For more details you can search for configuring request handler on Mono (mod_mono on Apache).

Let us know how does it work. Thanks!
Jakub Misek

Postby nicolas33 » January 7th, 2013, 3:08 pm

hello,

thank you for your reply, sorry to bother you with this, but I am not specialized in the .NET development or Mono, I specialize in web development, it is for this reason that it is difficult for me.

I decided to redo the installation from scratch, here are the steps I followed, hoping you can still help me.

I tried to follow the installation instructions into "phalanger_install_3.0.sh", but I still encounter a problem... :|

After installing packages via "apt-get install apache2 libapache2-mod-mono xmlstarlet", I don't know what I should add, and what directory, where download phalenger ?!

I tried to follow the instructions, but I do not understand why this directory is empty "phalanger-100149\3.0\Source\Install Linux\Debian package\usr\lib\phalanger\bin" downloaded from here: [url]phalanger.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/100149[/url]

For the moment the following directory does not exist "/ usr / local / lib / phalanger" do I create hand? Which file put in because linux sources are empty?! It's not clear to me :?
nicolas33

Postby Jakub Misek » January 7th, 2013, 3:17 pm

I'm not linux expert neither ... so I'll ask author of that linux installer if he would provide complete one-click package.
Jakub Misek

Postby nicolas33 » January 7th, 2013, 3:57 pm

Could you send me the information in order to contact this person please?

thanks.
nicolas33

Postby nicolas33 » January 8th, 2013, 1:54 pm

Hello,

After two weeks spent trying to install phalenger under linux I let fall ! It's really a shame because I think I was not far, but obviously nobody can help me.

I think have installed mono & phalenger without errors but I still have a configuration problem.

I think I don't have the correct files bianires. I tried to download the binary phalenger2.0, the structure of the directories correspond with the installation tutorial, but I still missing files in the Dynamic...

When I load my web directory, I get a runtime error... :(
nicolas33

Previous

Return to Phalanger project