Bundling Phalanger + Mono

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Bundling Phalanger + Mono

Postby trhodes » October 23rd, 2012, 9:04 pm

I've noticed that mono bundles C#, F# but also IronRuby and IronPython. Has there been any work or talk of getting phalanger to be bundled with Mono?
trhodes

Re: Bundling Phalanger + Mono

Postby Jakub Misek » October 24th, 2012, 1:49 pm

Hi,
Yes this would be great! We are in touch with people from Mono. Once Phalanger gets 'more complete' (extensions, monodevelop integration), this would be the best way for Mono users to develop on PHP I guess.

Do you have some ideas, how would you like to work with PHP/Phalanger on Linux ? I guess developing Web applications in the same way as MVC would be good start (not thinking about WinForms etc. for now)
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Re: Bundling Phalanger + Mono

Postby trhodes » October 24th, 2012, 6:34 pm

I'm not using anything .Net specific with my php applications. ATM I'm only trying to get the php apps to run on Phalanager + Mono. I'm not planning on changing my applications to C# or anything. My ultimate goal is to be able to build libraries which both C# and php can use. I'm not planning on using ASP.NET MVC or web forms with my php. My thought is in time to use mono as a common platform for all our(my work's) web applications.
trhodes

Return to Phalanger project