mcrypt use

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

mcrypt use

Postby owengerig » October 16th, 2012, 8:17 pm

How to use a php extension like mcrypt? My first thought was to find mcrypt.php and simply include it (context.Include("mcrypt.php", false);), but of course that doesn't exist since it is written in C.
I was reading over Writing compiled PHP extensions in PHP post from the blog but that seems to be about creating your own extension for use in .net. But maybe Im wrong considering this statement: "Implement Phalanger extension in PHP langage. When you take your PHP library and compile it using Phalanger, the result is DLL working as any other extension"
But even still phpc is not going to compile c code as far as I know though I haven't tried.

these are the calls my php class is trying to make:
mcrypt_module_open
mcrypt_enc_get_key_size
mcrypt_enc_get_block_size

(question also duplicated on SO here (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1292 ... -phalanger) hope this is ok, Im just an active member there and like to have these answers in a central location. You dont need to post the answer in both places I can duplicate it (unless you want to).
owengerig

Return to Phalanger project