Phalanger Mono 2.10.9

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Phalanger Mono 2.10.9

Postby trhodes » October 14th, 2012, 3:21 am

In the Phalanger Projected call Core, there is a file named StreamWrappers.cs, it is in the master branch on github. At line 964 of that file has the following code:

Code: Select all
case "date":
     request.Date = System.Convert.ToDateTime(value);
     break;

The HttpWebRequest doesn't have a property for Date until Mono 2.11 or Mono 3.0. Mono 2.11 is unstable and Mono 3.0 is the next long term release. The current stable release is Mono 2.10.8 or 2.10.9. 2.10.9 is mac only release. Neither of these have the Date property, so when I compile Phalanger for linux or mac I have to comment out the previous line. Is there a better way to deal with this code until Mono 3.0 is released?
trhodes

Re: Phalanger Mono 2.10.9

Postby Jakub Misek » October 14th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Hi,
Great you are compiling Phalanger on Mono. HttpWebRequest.Date is probably new in .NET ... it is possible to replace this property with small function, simply something like:
Code: Select all
header("Date", date.ToUniversalTime().ToString("R");

We will replace it in main branch in future.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby trhodes » October 14th, 2012, 11:38 pm

The main part of Phalanger now compiles! Thank you so much for your quick fix. The only errors I get when the Configuration is Debug is in two Extension Projects.

The first Extension project with an issue is "Extension.XmlDom" the compiler is complaining about files in the Source/Extensions/XmlDom/Dynamic directory as missing. If I clone via github or checkout with svn the files in that Directory are missing.

The next Extension project with an issue is "Extension.SQLite." The issue here might be unfixable for the foreseeable future. Mono doesn't implement System.Data.Sqlite. Instead it Implements its own called Mono.Data.Sqlite. From what I can tell this isn't a drop in replacement for System.Data.SQlite.
trhodes

Postby Jakub Misek » October 15th, 2012, 12:29 pm

Source/Extensions/XmlDom/Dynamic is generated thru post build. Maybe monodevelop does not run it properly.

SQLite would have to be changed slightly, to use the mono implementation. For now you can unload the project if you don't need sqlite.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to Phalanger project