Joomla & phalanger

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Joomla & phalanger

Postby Philippe Lahaie » January 27th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Hi again,

We have a server that runs on Windows Server 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5 with required settings from phalanger.wiki respected.

we have installed the latest version of phpBB and it worked out of the box with phalanger.

Now we are trying to install Joomla 1.7.3 and while it works out of the box if we set it to use default php, when trying to install with phalanger we come up with 1 CompileError and 2 warnings, im not too worried bout warnings but i will include them just in case it could help spot the error.

Code: Select all
CompileWarning (121): The 'case' label with value hour has already been declared in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Joomla\libraries\joomla\utilities\date.php at expression on line 196, column 4.

CompileWarning: The 'case' label with value hour has already been declared in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Joomla\libraries\joomla\utilities\date.php at expression on line 10, column 1.

CompileError: The class 'JDate' is incomplete - its base class or interface is unknown in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Joomla\libraries\joomla\utilities\date.php at expression on line 10, column 1.

JDate tries to extend DateTime in date.php

Anything I can do on my side to fix this or is this a Phalanger issue that is gonna be fixed in an upcoming release?
Philippe Lahaie
Programmeur-Analyste
La Société conseil Lambda inc.

http://www.lambda.ca
Philippe Lahaie

Re: Joomla & phalanger

Postby Jakub Misek » January 27th, 2012, 8:04 pm

Hi!

And thanks for trying Joomla!

Mentioned warnings are typical PHP-programmers issue, just duplicitous case labels within single switch I guess.

The error is caused by missing DateTime class implementation. It should be in standard PHP class library (Phalanger's ClassLibrary).

This class has to be implemented in Phalanger :) It is on todo list already, however I don't have any time frame for this yet. Anyone can contribute, will be appreciated!
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby Philippe Lahaie » January 27th, 2012, 8:10 pm

If I am not mistaken, Phalanger "rewrites" the php language in C# pretty much?
(no offense I am definitly not trying to diminish your work's worth here, just making sure I'm sizing the context correctly!)

I have not had a chance to use much php at all so far in my career but I played quite a bit with C# in college. If I can be of any help let me know and I'll see what I can do!
Philippe Lahaie
Programmeur-Analyste
La Société conseil Lambda inc.

http://www.lambda.ca
Philippe Lahaie

Postby Jakub Misek » January 28th, 2012, 6:45 pm

Phalanger is C# reimplementation of PHP. Everything in PHP has to be rewritten from scratch. Currently there are few missing features, one of them is DateTime class.

If you'll write the implementation in C#, I can modify it to be used from Phalanger as quickly as possible. As I see, it is just few methods (http://php.net/manual/en/class.datetime.php).
Jakub Misek

Postby marin » April 18th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Hi,

I'm also very interested in using Joomla with Phalanger. Today, I tried to run Joomla 3 on Phalanger 3 (IIS 8 + MySQL 5), without success. There is a fatal error (Cannot override non-virtual method 'format'!), which seems to deal with the implementation of the DateTime library. I suppose (but may be wrong) that the script stops because the static method DateTime::Format() could not be found.

Are there any news about the implementation of this Library?
marin

Postby Jakub Misek » April 18th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Hi,

thanks for info. This method in Phalanger implementation has to be 'virtual'.
https://github.com/DEVSENSE/Phalanger/b ... me.cs#L196

We'll fix it so you can try it again.

Thanks!
Jakub Misek

Return to Phalanger project