php_pdo_mysql.dll (PHP5 Extension)

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

php_pdo_mysql.dll (PHP5 Extension)

Postby jfburns@codeplex » September 13th, 2006, 3:10 am

Does anyone have a PHP5 wrapper for this?
jfburns@codeplex

RE: php_pdo_mysql.dll (PHP5 Extension)

Postby HDaniel@codeplex » September 13th, 2006, 10:14 am

None that I know of. Since it is a very small set of functions and mysql extension is available for Phalanger, feel free to write one. Nearly every database-driver PDO delivers could be implemented in PHP itself for Phalanger using the PHP4 extension of the driver. (only PDO_SQLILTE would be a bit tricky because PDO links against SQLite 3). So anyone out there who has some code? Just post it here :).

Daniel
HDaniel@codeplex

Postby jfburns@codeplex » September 13th, 2006, 2:02 pm

Anyone? ;) I'm looking specifically for PDO because there's a great up and coming PHP ORM tool but it uses PDO exclusively: http://www.phpdoctrine.com

One advantage of this system is that you can "compile" the entire tool into one file, Doctrine.compiled.php, which makes it VERY easy for Phalanger users like myself who are currently having to statically include tons of files.

Anyone's input is helpful!

Jack
jfburns@codeplex

Postby HDaniel@codeplex » September 13th, 2006, 3:35 pm

Including everything isn't necessary when using Phalanger. You can compile a complete PHP-project into one webpages.dll for usage on IIS.

http://www.php-compiler.net/FAQ.htm describes how this could be achieved. Ok PDO is still missing. But just wait for a while. Maybe one of the project-members has startet a PDO implementation or I will do a quick hack in PHP itself in the next days.

Daniel
HDaniel@codeplex

Postby jfburns@codeplex » September 13th, 2006, 3:41 pm

My project is completely CLI-based, no IIS, just a straight up console app. I've tried various things for the last three days and always get VERY close then run into a brick wall. Haven't given up yet though!
jfburns@codeplex

Postby HDaniel@codeplex » September 13th, 2006, 3:47 pm

Don't give up :)

Lets see if some of the others can say something about PDO and the implementation status. Otherwise I will write some code the next days for PDO-Mysql-support and update the SPL-sources also.

Daniel
HDaniel@codeplex

Postby jfburns@codeplex » September 17th, 2006, 8:41 pm

Just checking in and seeing if anything has transpired on this front. Thanks for the interest and the help!
Jack
jfburns@codeplex

Postby jfburns@codeplex » September 17th, 2006, 9:16 pm

I also started a thread over here about getting the MySQL Managed Extension to work:

http://www.codeplex.com/Project/DisplayThread.aspx?ProjectName=PhalangerMySQL&ForumId=1040&ThreadId=1377

Any help on that would be appreciated.

jfburns@codeplex

Return to Phalanger project