Issues with memory_get_usage function

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Issues with memory_get_usage function

Postby danieledll@codeplex » October 2nd, 2006, 11:10 am

Hi to all,

finally i achived fully compatibility with phalanger, but there are some strange issues, the bigger is the memorygetusage function

Infact, this function, should return the memory used by php in the current execution, but, i think, it return the memory used by IIS, because i get around 100mb of memory used

It can be fixed? it should return the current thread memory utilizzation, i think :)
danieledll@codeplex

RE: Issues with memory_get_usage function

Postby Lada Prosek » October 2nd, 2006, 1:12 pm

Hi,
memorygetusage returns the current process working set size. Unfortunately it is impossible to obtain the amount of memory allocated only by current request. What we can have instead of working set size is "the number of bytes currently thought to be allocated by .NET garbage collector". However, as the managed heap is also a process-wide thing, you probably would not find this number useful neither.

My curiosity is stronger than me, so could you please reveal what you use this function for?
Lada Prosek

Return to Phalanger project