Distribution of desktop application

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Distribution of desktop application

Postby verenar@codeplex » November 17th, 2006, 4:34 pm

Hello,

I'm interessted in using some PHP classes in a C# desktop application. I read http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=Phalanger&title=Interop%20with%20Other%20.NET%20Languages and this seems to be what I want to do.

What I'm now interessted in is what are the requirements to use such a program? Has on the end users computer Phalanger to be installed? Is it possible to include only some additional .dll's in the installation package? Which dll's would that be?

Regards,
Verena
verenar@codeplex

RE: Distribution of desktop application

Postby tomasp » November 19th, 2006, 12:58 am

Hi, I'm not sure whether you can run the application without installing Phalanger. If you're not using unmanaged (native PHP) extensions, you'll need following assemblies: PhpNetCore.dll, PhpNetCore.IL.dll and PhpClassLibrary.dll, but I didn't try it. Will check it as soon as possible, because I think this important scenario that we should support.

I added this as a work item and I'll let you know after we check this issue (Better support for xcopy deployment).

Thanks for the feedback,
Tomas
tomasp

RE: Distribution of desktop application

Postby verenar@codeplex » November 21st, 2006, 11:06 am

Thanks!
Verena
verenar@codeplex

Return to Phalanger project