Passing parameters by reference to function (XML extension->xml_parse_into_struct)

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Passing parameters by reference to function (XML extension->xml_parse_into_struct)

Postby Pharcyde@codeplex » November 28th, 2006, 12:37 am

Firstly, allow me to offer my compliments, I think Phalanger is a great project and I hope it goes a long way. Keep up the good work.

I've encountered a problem that seems to be occuring with a few functions for extensions that require an argument to be passed by reference. In this case ``xmlparseinto_struct()`` which requires its 3rd and optionally its 4th argument to be passed by reference. I found the error trying to build a console app.

It results in an ``Error: Parameter '3' must be passed by reference`` error.

I've not been using Phalanger for that long, but I can't see any obvious way around this, prefixing the argument with & doesn't seem to make a difference. It usually doesn't anyway in a non-phalanger environment.
Pharcyde@codeplex

RE: Passing parameters by reference to function (XML extension->xml_parse_into_struct)

Postby Dzonny@codeplex » November 28th, 2006, 3:57 pm

Hi, I have no solution for you :-( but this seems like my problem with geting getimagesize I'v posted in http://www.codeplex.com/Project/DisplayThread.aspx?ProjectName=Phalanger&ForumId=269&ThreadId=2181&ANCHOR#Post6924.
From my point of view it seems like there is problem with some wrappers for PHP functions.
Dzonny@codeplex

Return to Phalanger project