Adding PHP to application .NET 2.0

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Adding PHP to application .NET 2.0

Postby nnanno@codeplex » January 16th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Hello, i just found Phalanger. I`m developing a web server en .NET 2.0 supporting SkipNet, JScript.NET, AJAX/JSON and COMET. I want to add PHP features to interpret .php extension files and to be able to access server's objects from PHP. So far i'm using this class: PerlRegExp.Replace but i didn't get it. How can i do it? In other words, i want a request handler for .php without IIS. Thanks in advance.
nnanno@codeplex

RE: Adding PHP to application .NET 2.0

Postby SoopahMan@codeplex » February 8th, 2007, 3:58 am

Why are you using PerlRegExp.Replace?

Have you looked at this class?
http://www.codeplex.com/Phalanger/SourceControl/FileView.aspx?itemId=22462&changeSetId=15688

It appears to instantiate PHP.Core.ApplicationCompiler and call the .Compile() method on it. If your webserver can run C# code you've pretty much got a map there to all you need.
SoopahMan@codeplex

RE: Adding PHP to application .NET 2.0

Postby tomasp » February 17th, 2007, 4:10 am

Hi,
I'm a bit confused by your question. You want to execute PHP scripts using Phalanger from the code of your web application? Are the PHP scripts static or generated dynamically? And by 'be able to access server's objects from PHP' you mean that you want to expose some objects from your application to the executed PHP scripts? Is this correct?

Thanks,
Tomas
tomasp

Return to Phalanger project