Installation/Configuration Problem

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Installation/Configuration Problem

Postby richardb@codeplex » April 26th, 2007, 5:01 pm

Hi

I have just installed Phalanger on Windows Server 2003. When trying to load one of the SimpleScripts I get the following error message:

Server Error in '/SimpleScripts' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

COMException (0x800736b1): This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)

FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'php4ts, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=43b6773fb05dc4f0' or one of its dependencies. This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +211
System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +141
System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +25
PHP.Core.Externals.InitCollocation() +17
PHP.Core.Externals.InitializeExtMans() +306
PHP.Core.Externals.EndRequest() +85
PHP.Core.RequestContext.Dispose() +433
PHP.Core.RequestHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +325
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Could anyone provide any help with how I might resolve this?
richardb@codeplex

RE: Installation/Configuration Problem

Postby ComputerGuru@codeplex » April 30th, 2007, 10:53 am

I have the same error.

I believe it has something to do with the fact that I had Phalanger 2.0 Beta 3 installed before this?
Possibly a conflict between the settings files?

I've double-checked all permissions, configuration files, virtual directories, script mappings, and just about everything else.

Any thoughts?
ComputerGuru@codeplex

Postby ComputerGuru@codeplex » April 30th, 2007, 11:23 am

Update:

It's caused by some sort of conflict in Visual Studio 2005 SP1.

I fixed it here by re-compiling it on a VS 2005 install without SP1 installed.

Can we get a fix for this?
ComputerGuru@codeplex

Postby ComputerGuru@codeplex » April 30th, 2007, 11:34 am

Hmmmmm, here's a workaround that seems to work:
Download and install the latest version of the MSVC++ runtime files, @ http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=32bc1bee-a3f9-4c13-9c99-220b62a191ee&DisplayLang=en

Why would a .NET 2.0 application require Visual C++ runtime files anyway?
ComputerGuru@codeplex

Postby tomasp » May 7th, 2007, 12:32 am

Thanks for the great error report!
Phalanger isn't 100% managed application - it uses C++ for supporting PHP4 native extensions.
The error occured only when installing Phalanger on clear Windows 2003 machine?

Thanks,
Tomas
tomasp

Return to Phalanger project