Compilation Problems: Unable to resolve Show method at this point during compile-time

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Compilation Problems: Unable to resolve Show method at this point during compile-time

Postby danieledll@codeplex » July 25th, 2007, 1:03 pm

Hi to all,

this is my first thread here! I'm playing with phalanger trying to my application to import php files, compile them, directly in memory, instance a class and execute a method.

After some brainstorming on how phalanger create compiled assemblies (constructors, methods and so on), i understood that i need to instance an ApplicationContext and a ScriptContext to execute them. Probably something is done in a correct way but it works: my application can compile, load, instance a class and execute a method throght late binding/delegates

I decided to do something more complex: i wanna that php code show a form when the method is called from the main application.

I added import namespace System:::Windows:::Forms on the top of the php file and i referenced the assembly using the complete path. Naturally i've added the code into the method, this:
$a = new Form();
$a.Show();

When i compile it give an error line the one in the title (it isin't the same, but are really similar)

Here there is the code i tried to compile
#######CODE#######
<?php

import namespace System;
import namespace System:::Windows:::Forms;

class TestClass
{
public function __construct()
{
// do nothing
}

public function TestMethod()
{
$a = new Form();
$a.Show(); /*** compilation error here ***/
}
}

?>
#######CODE#######

Here, instead, there is the C# code that i use to compile this:
#######CODE#######
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters parameters = new System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerParameters();
parameters.IncludeDebugInformation = false;
parameters.TreatWarningsAsErrors = true;
parameters.WarningLevel = 3;
parameters.CompilerOptions = "/target:dll";
parameters.GenerateExecutable = false;
parameters.GenerateInMemory = true;
parameters.ReferencedAssemblies.Add(@"C:\Windows\assembly\GACMSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll");

PHP.Core.CodeDom.PhpCodeProvider phpCodeProvider = new PHP.Core.CodeDom.PhpCodeProvider();
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults results = phpCodeProvider.CompileAssemblyFromFile(parameters, new string[] { @".\test.php" });
#######CODE#######

If you try to comple with phpc command line remember to set the /pure switch and to reference the assembly or it will gave errors!

thanks for your help!
danieledll@codeplex

RE: Compilation Problems: Unable to resolve Show method at this point during compile-time

Postby danieledll@codeplex » July 25th, 2007, 2:53 pm

I've seen only now that the message didn't regards an error but a warning!

However, how i can avoid it?

Edit
yeah, i'm stupid ... php code wrong :D
danieledll@codeplex

Return to Phalanger project