VS 2005 & IIS6 (Can run PHP without ASP.NET??)

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

VS 2005 & IIS6 (Can run PHP without ASP.NET??)

Postby fletchsod@codeplex » September 14th, 2007, 6:23 pm

Hi! I have a question about the VS-2005 and IIS6 (Yea, I know there is 2 seperate installer for them). After using ASP.NET for 1 year already, I had already started to dislike the ASP.NET technology it is acting more like a web application than a web site. So, I am thinking of building a website in VS-2005 that work a lot like the *.html file and *.php file and just use PHP to do whatever it it need to do. (Hypertext precessor) So, I'm wondering is is it possible to use Phalanger to have PHP access the .NET objects and return it back to PHP? If not perhap I can download the compiled binary from php.net website adn use it instead. Of course it wouldn't be run in Visual Studio that way. I'm also a little bit disappointed about some of the Phalanger bugs I saw at the Issue Tracker webpage...

I'm just trying to decide what to do. I see one advantage with Phalanger is the ability to run in Visual Studio as well as the web server. The only question I have is is it possible to have the *.html and *.php access the .NET objects...

Thanks...
FletchSOD
fletchsod@codeplex

Return to Phalanger project