Compiling the ASP.NET Samples on Linux

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Compiling the ASP.NET Samples on Linux

Postby nklatt@codeplex » December 20th, 2008, 2:19 am

Howdy,

I want to compile web applications on my Linux box that will then be run on a Windows server.  I am currently able to compile "regular" PHP code but as soon as I try to extend System:::Web:::UI:::Page the compile barfs:

nklatt@rome:~/downloads/Phalanger_v2.0/WebRoot/Samples/ASP.NET$ mono ~/downloads/Phalanger_v2.0/Bin/phpc.exe /target:web /pure /lang:CLR Default.aspx.php
Phalanger - the PHP Language Compiler - version 2.0
for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 2.0
Encoding  cannot be loaded.
fileEncoding=""

Performing compilation ...
/home/nklatt/downloads/Phalanger_v2.0/WebRoot/Samples/ASP.NET/Default.aspx.php(13,10): warning PHP0020: Class 'System:::Web:::UI:::Page' is unknown at this point at compile-time
/home/nklatt/downloads/Phalanger_v2.0/WebRoot/Samples/ASP.NET/Default.aspx.php(17,4): warning PHP0020: Class 'FormsAuthentication' is unknown at this point at compile-time
/home/nklatt/downloads/Phalanger_v2.0/WebRoot/Samples/ASP.NET/Default.aspx.php(18,4): warning PHP0020: Class 'FormsAuthentication' is unknown at this point at compile-time
/home/nklatt/downloads/Phalanger_v2.0/WebRoot/Samples/ASP.NET/Default.aspx.php(13,10): error PHP1092: The class '_Default' is incomplete - its base class or interface is unknown

Build complete -- 1 error, 3 warnings.

Is it the fileEncoding thing?  That didn't stop my "Hello, world." program from compiling and running.  Am I missing some include files?  Sending the wrong options to mono or phpc?  I and my internet searching are stumped.

Thanks for any help you might provide.

Nathan

edit: Changed from target:dll to target:web.  Either way the result is the same.
nklatt@codeplex

Return to Phalanger project