Phalanger for .NET Core?

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Phalanger for .NET Core?

Postby vnmatt » June 30th, 2015, 4:53 am

With the imminent release of MVC6, are there any plans for Phalanger to support .NET Core? For any new projects, I will be looking at possibly targeting Linux and Mac as well as Windows, so if Phalanger will support that... awesome...
vnmatt

Re: Phalanger for .NET Core?

Postby Jakub Misek » July 22nd, 2015, 8:08 am

Hi, Phalanger supports Mono from its beginning already. It should work with .NET Core as well.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Re: Phalanger for .NET Core?

Postby diddledan » February 17th, 2016, 2:24 am

I've been looking into this with my NuGet work. Ideally we need to migrate away from .csproj projects to .xproj projects and project.json files to allow the compiler to target both the framework clr and the core-clr with a single project definition. This will allow the NuGet packages to be built with both framework- and core-clr variants within the single package.

The downside to this is that currently we have circular dependencies between the PhpNet.Core and PhpNet.Core.* packages which is a bad *bad* idea! The other issue currently is that we need to figure-out which core-clr NuGet packages we need to depend upon - I'm not sure everything we need has been released via NuGet yet, but I may just be overlooking or misunderstanding the package nomenclatures.
diddledan

Return to Phalanger project