dll will not recignize using pure mode in phpcore

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Re: dll will not recignize using pure mode in phpcore

Postby RobertPlummer » May 28th, 2014, 2:13 pm

Example?
RobertPlummer

Postby Jakub Misek » May 28th, 2014, 2:59 pm

Hi Robert,

Do you compile the PHP project from within commandline or Visual Studio?

When compiling PHP project without Phalanger Tools installed, you are missing basic compiler configuration. To compile the project with the reference to builtin PHP functions and classes, use
Code: Select all
"/r:PhpNetClassLibrary, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4af37afe3cde05fb, processorArchitecture=MSIL"
as phpc.exe argument.

Thanks,
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby RobertPlummer » May 28th, 2014, 10:34 pm

It works (with a very basic bold example)! I found a bug in the regexp translator, I'll fork and pull request later.

It looks like there is an issue with inclusion of child namespaces though. What do I need to do to include other namespaces in the context?

For example, everything in WikiLingo, WikiLingoWYSIWYG, and WYSIWYGWikiLingo is apparently included in the context. That is good. A child namespace that is not loading is WikiLingo\Expression. This prevents classes WikiLingo\Expression\Bold and WikiLingo\Expression\Content from being accessible.

One of the reasons I didn't find this issue right off was that I handled the situation when the classes are not available, so that it doesn't blow up the site/project that is using wikiLingo.
RobertPlummer

Postby RobertPlummer » May 29th, 2014, 9:09 pm

Eailer today marked a grand moment in my time line of getting very basic syntaxes to work using Phalanger. Man what a project! The next phase will be to get all unit tests in wikiLingo to run. Currently the wikiLingo.new-examples project is up to date. If you guys don't mind, give it a run, it'll show you a few things that need tweaked in Phalanger to get it 99.999999999% working. These unit tests are VERY simple, and ensure that the overall system works well.

wikiLingo.net-examples project: https://github.com/wikiLingo/wikiLingo.net-examples

I'm so excited guys! Good job!
RobertPlummer

Postby RobertPlummer » May 30th, 2014, 7:33 pm

After thinking about it, perhaps some very simple unit tests would be better. I'm looking at the existing ones now and getting some together for you.
RobertPlummer

Postby RobertPlummer » June 25th, 2014, 2:02 am

A lot has happened in wikiLingo since my previous post with the use of Phalanger. Sometime back we plugged the Testify php unit testing framework that wikiLingo uses, along with all our unit tests for wikiLingo into an aspx page to pump all the unit tests (some of which are VERY complex) through to Phalanger. I was concerned, Phalanger "didn't work". Jakub spent his precious time with me, unpaid I might add, to find out what the issues were. What I found out is that Phalanger is actually (in my opinion) written BETTER THAN THE REAL THING!
Phalanger exposed some weaknesses in my code, and I am VERY glad it caught them. Long story short, as of about 20 minutes ago, I have all 140 unit tests essentially passing. I am so excited to see how robust Phalanger is, am not being paid to say any of this, and am eternally greatful to the DevSense team for their hard work and relentless effort to bring easy programming to the masses.

Jakub (and the DevSense Team)... woot, woot!

Thanks again guys!

For proof:
* the base package - https://github.com/wikiLingo/wikiLingo.net
* the unit tests - https://github.com/wikiLingo/wikiLingo.net-examples
* the unit test binding into C# - https://github.com/wikiLingo/wikiLingo.net-examples/blob/master/examples/examples/test.aspx.cs
RobertPlummer

Previous

Return to Phalanger project