How to change Web.Config to allow PHP handling in VS 2013

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Re: How to change Web.Config to allow PHP handling in VS 201

Postby profnimrod » March 19th, 2014, 2:42 pm

Many thanks Jakub. PHP Tools now seems to be installed properly, and works with a simple test program. However I have another issue which I should probably ask as a separate question, but here goes...

I have installed the Brandoo Wordpress version which allows me to use MSSQL instead of MySQL. I have upgraded the instance to WordPress 3.8.1 and it works fine when running under IIS 8.5 on Windows 8.1.

However if I create a new PHP Web Project in Visual Studio 2013 Update 1, and import the files from the Brandoo WordPress install, I get an HTTP 500 Internal Server Error (with no details) when I try to run it in debug mode.

Any ideas?
profnimrod

Postby profnimrod » March 19th, 2014, 8:25 pm

Many thanks Jakub... I now have Word Press 3.8.1 up and running locally and able to run it is debug mode in VS 2013 - hooray!
profnimrod

Postby profnimrod » March 19th, 2014, 8:27 pm

BTW The Internal Server Error I reported above was the result of a PHP extension not being loaded. A change to the php.ini fixed that.
profnimrod

Postby Jakub Misek » March 21st, 2014, 3:08 pm

hi,

You have to debug or enable logging for additional information. So far I'm not aware of possible issue. (maybe it is WordPress configuration referring to a different installation of WordPress, so the URL does not match)
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Previous

Return to Phalanger project