Possible to install WpDotNet/Phalanger on a shared host?

Discussion about the open-source Phalanger [?] project.

Possible to install WpDotNet/Phalanger on a shared host?

Postby jpage101 » September 5th, 2013, 7:57 pm

I have two hosting accounts, both shared. One is Windows server, and the other is Linux server. I don't have remote access to these since they are shared. Would it be possible to install WpDotNet/Phalanger on one of them, and if so how would I go about doing it? I tried installing locally aswell, although I keep running into problems. When I created the application in IIS managerfor wpdotnet and try to browse it I get a permission error. Also when trying with web matrix I get to the WP installer and it says their is no config file so when I attempt to create one using the wizard, I tried alot of different credentials and none work. Any idea on that?
jpage101

Re: Possible to install WpDotNet/Phalanger on a shared host?

Postby Jakub Misek » September 7th, 2013, 9:22 am

Hi,

WpDotNet requires only copy-paste installation, and creating Application in IIS (as you did).

Also WordPress needs you to create database in MySQL.

Permission error is probably caused by missing write access. By default, application has read access only. You can try allowing "Full control" permission for "Everyone", whether it works for you. Properly, you should set this permission for "iis_iusrs" user group (if it is configured properly in your IIS). Since WordPress is able to autoupdate itself, you have to set "Full control" permission for the whole directory.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Re: Possible to install WpDotNet/Phalanger on a shared host?

Postby alice » November 5th, 2013, 5:03 am

I have a really odd problem... Whenever I add the Serializable attribute to the Principal running on the thread I get the error below (from FusLogVw with the exception it causes below that)... Basically, it's looking under the exe location, not the bin for the DLL's. Any pointers?
I purchased the Pass 4 sure a couple of weeks ago and today I passed.and more visit this product Amazon is a wonderful this page IBM and more visit HP Best Wishes.
alice

Return to Phalanger project