Crashes in debugger

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Crashes in debugger

Postby atlaste » March 14th, 2013, 8:19 am

Hi,

Steps to reproduce:
- Create a solution with a PHPProj that has Wordpress in VS2010.
- Added the complete solution to (TFS) source control, although that's probably not relevant.
- Host the phpproj in IIS (custom web server)..
- Start the debug session. Set a breakpoint and make sure it hits. You might need the XDEBUG_SESSION_START=1 to get it hitting.
- Instead of stepping through it or continue or something as that, be blunt and press 'stop'.

*crash*. At this point it will first freeze for quite a while, after which it will crash, wining about VS being unstable and requiring a restart.

It also seems to happen when you're using debug sessions for a long time, which results in the same behavior. In my case a couple of times per day, because I usually leave things open while editing...

-Stefan.
atlaste

Re: Crashes in debugger

Postby Miloslav Beno » March 14th, 2013, 11:42 am

Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for reporting this and including steps to reproduce. I'll give it a try and get back to you.

Thanks!
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby Miloslav Beno » March 16th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Hi Stefan,

I've followed the steps, even adding to TFS, but I wasn't able to reproduce this. Could you tell me what version of PHP Tools do you have? And do you have some other extensions installed on your system?

Thanks,
Miloslav
Miloslav Beno

Postby atlaste » March 17th, 2013, 3:28 pm

PHP tools 1.5.3650
And some other plugins like sandcastle, wix, GAT, windows phone sdk. Not sure why that would matter though, since they each have their own file extension hook and the issue is only when I work with PHP.
atlaste

Postby Miloslav Beno » March 17th, 2013, 3:49 pm

Everything that is part of Visual Studio environemnt might influence. e.g. Source control extensions

I see that you have an old version of PHP Tools, please update to the latest release, which fixes the issues you've been having. Please see changelog for details http://www.devsense.com/products/php-to ... /changelog

Thanks,
Miloslav
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools