CLI has stopped working error back again....

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

CLI has stopped working error back again....

Postby codeowl » February 21st, 2013, 6:11 am

Hey guys....

What do you make of this... So I am happily working away debugging my CakePHP 2.30 project and then, for no apparent reason, the "CLI has stopped working" error comes back...
So I check some other projects in the same solution that were working fine as well, and they are all throwing the same CLI error as soon as a break point is hit... so I close everything down, reboot, fire up VS 2012 and start again.... same CLI error as soon as a break point is hit.... nothing has changed... So I create a brand new VS solution, in my Websites dir and call it Test. Then I add a PHP project, copy the blank CakePHP 230 from the zip of the stable release I downloaded the other day from the CakePHP website, and set it up and then put a break point and run it... it works perfectly, break point is hit and no CLI error... So then I copy the project I had been working on when the CLI error appeared again from the original solution... and put the copy in the new solution... I run it up... and it runs fine, and debugs fine with no CLI error... I go back to the original project in the original solution and try that again, and it is now working fine as well... so I test the other projects in that solution, but they all still fail with the CLI error... what is going on!!
Actually after some more testing I found that only some break points are working with no CLI error on the original project, but all are working on the copy I took into the new solution...

Regards,

Scott.
codeowl

Re: CLI has stopped working error back again....

Postby Miloslav Beno » February 21st, 2013, 3:44 pm

Hi Scott,

As you've previously tried all the possible servers and also the fact CLI stands for Command Line Interface, so it doesn't have much to do with the server. It just has to be a bug/feature in PHP that CakePHP exploits in some weird undeterministic way. There is certainly many people reporting same things as you do when I googled it, but no definite clue.

Does CakePHP calls some command line php stuff? (it kind of has to if it throws this kind of error) What I guess might happen is that it fails and just reports this thing to the user. I would take a look into php log if there aren't any info. E.g. missing permissions of PHP application trying to access a file, but that is just me brainstorming here.
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Re: CLI has stopped working error back again....

Postby codeowl » February 21st, 2013, 11:48 pm

Miloslav,

Ok mate, I have turned on the log file in the php ini... so we will see what happens....

I know CakePHP supports calls from the CLI... but not much more than that... It is not my choice to use CakePHP, we are updating a project that was written in it.

I appreciate your efforts to help on this ;-)

Regards,

Scott
codeowl

Return to PHP Tools