web server

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

web server

Postby sajaki » November 21st, 2012, 3:17 am

hi,
what webserver works on localhost with phpTools ? does apache work ? do i need xampp ? IIS ? where to install xdebug ?
thanks
sajaki

Re: web server

Postby Miloslav Beno » November 21st, 2012, 11:53 pm

Hello,

We've tested most common servers as apache, IIS, IIS Express, wamp. But you should be able to use it with any other server that supports php and xdebug.

XDebug has to be installed to directory of your PHP installation that you want to use for debugging.

This is from my php.ini:
Code: Select all
zend_extension = "C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP533\ext\php_xdebug-2.2.1-5.3-vc9-nts.dll"

[xdebug]
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_host="localhost"
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_mode = req
xdebug.idekey="php-vs"

Than you can select in Project properties for example custom server and introduce url that is assigned on your server. After pressing "F5" PHP Tools will try to connect with the debugger. This project setting assumes you have php setup on your server.

Thank you
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby alx359 » December 15th, 2012, 9:05 am

Miloslav Beno wrote:Than you can select in Project properties for example custom server and introduce url that is assigned on your server. After pressing "F5" PHP Tools will try to connect with the debugger. This project setting assumes you have php setup on your server.

Hello Miloslav,

I'm using WAMP with VS2012, and I'm unable to see the path you specify. Would you please tell how to do this for VS2012? Thanks.
alx359

Postby Miloslav Beno » December 17th, 2012, 12:15 am

Hello,

You can find it in project properties, which you can find by right mouse clicking on project icon in Solution Explorer:

project properties.png

Then there is custom server option. Just fill it with the url which is set on your web server.

project properties2.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools