A friendly reminder

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

A friendly reminder

Postby BladeMF » November 20th, 2012, 3:42 pm

As you already know, I plan to push you big time as far as intellisense is conserned. So, what's up with these:

1. Intellisense on Iterator interface - i.e. when I am foreach-ing something that implements this interface, you should already know the type of the resulting item.

2. Declaring type inline - i.e.:
/**
* @var CPartnerPurchase $Purchase
*/
This should mean that the variable $Purchase is of type CPartnerPurchase.

[EDIT]
3. Showing the return values of a function and property types in Intellisense tooltip
[/EDIT]

All this should help big time towards refactoring/find all references and stuff. If you pull these off, I promise, I will erect a stone monument to you guys like in the old communist days.

P.S. As some other guy said, this reminder and all the pushing does not mean that I don't love you :)
Welcome to the zone where normal things don't happen very often.
BladeMF

Re: A friendly reminder

Postby Jakub Misek » November 22nd, 2012, 6:15 pm

Hi, these are great features, and we are planning to include them in one of the future updates of IntelliSense. I'll keep watching this thread.

Thanks!
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to PHP Tools