File not opened using PHP Editor

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

File not opened using PHP Editor

Postby AndyM84 » August 7th, 2012, 4:32 pm

I'm not sure if this is an issue for you guys or the VS team, but I added a new file extension (.tpl) to be a PHP Editor file type. When I open this file in 2010, everything is working fine, but in 2012 I am greeted with the following (attached image). You can use the code from here if you like.

The error for the first red-line is "XML document cannot contain multiple root level elements." The second is "Entity 'nbsp' not defined." The third is "Namespace prefix 'cs' is not defined." All of the ones with the PHP in them are listed with "Missing attribute name." Obviously it's just trying to validate the markup, but it does end up being pretty distracting.

Thanks,

Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AndyM84

Re: Possible VS2012 Issue

Postby Jakub Misek » August 7th, 2012, 4:48 pm

It looks like the file is not opened using our PHP Editor.
(No navigation bar, "XML document cannot contain multiple root level elements" is not our error message, ...)

This is very common issue. It happens, when you assign another editor thru 'Open With' command, which overrides File Extensions settings.

Try to go to File -> Open -> File, find some file with '.tpl' extension, and choose 'Open With' command at the bottom, highlight "PHP Editor" in the list and click "Set as Default".
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby AndyM84 » August 7th, 2012, 5:07 pm

Love you guys...that solved it for me. Thanks!
AndyM84

Postby Jakub Misek » August 7th, 2012, 5:17 pm

I'm glad it works!
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to PHP Tools