PHP Web Project Type

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

PHP Web Project Type

Postby RudiVisser » May 15th, 2012, 9:06 am

Hello

Plugin is great (will likely be purchasing at end of 21 day evaluation!), however I'm just wondering if you plan to support a full PHP project type.

What I mean is will there be a 'PHP' under 'Other Languages' when we create a new project? At the moment I'm finding it hard to think of a way to create a project that is just for PHP Code aside from 'Empty Solution' and adding files manually. Of course, this would also imply that 'PHP Code File' (and 'PHP Class', 'PHP Interface'?) types would be required.

Rudi

EDIT: Actually, there's no way at all to create a new project just for PHP. You'd have to first create a Blank Solution, then add an Empty Project of a specific type (VB / C++ / C#), then manually add .txt files and rename them? Perhaps I'm missing something here.
RudiVisser

Re: PHP Web Project Type

Postby Jakub Misek » May 15th, 2012, 9:43 am

Hi,

Thank you for trying our tools, I'm glad you like it.

In Visual Studio 2010, there is PHP WebSite template (File -> New -> Web Site).
However In VS11, I see now, the web site template is missing.

The easiest way for now; which I use personally; is to open an existing web site from IIS or from file system. (File -> Open -> Web Site)

We are planning to add full support of various project and website templates once the debugging features will be added. Missing web site template in VS11 will be fixed.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby RudiVisser » May 15th, 2012, 9:47 am

Ah, that would explain it since I'm using VS11.

Makes sense now, you're right, opening up a Web Site works alright, but is there any way to add a 'PHP File' directly (even in VS11?)?
RudiVisser

Postby Jakub Misek » May 15th, 2012, 9:56 am

'PHP Script' file template works even in VS11 (at least for me).

File -> New -> File -> PHP

or within Solution Explorer right click -> Add -> Add New Item -> PHP
Jakub Misek

Postby RudiVisser » May 15th, 2012, 10:02 am

Got it; I was being seriously thick.

Thanks! There are a few other things I have, but will make a new thread once I've used the plugin a bit more.
RudiVisser

Postby Jakub Misek » May 15th, 2012, 10:05 am

Thank you! We will appreciate any feedback, so we can make the plugin better.
Jakub Misek

Postby bornste » September 10th, 2012, 8:29 am

I would really support the request for a PHP Web Project Type.

We work with SVN and one big disadvantage of web site projects is that the source control status is not visible within solution explorer (as there is no project file).

Do you have any schedule when the PHP web project type will be available? Since we are really considering to buy the plugin.

Beside that the plugin works very well, even with large projects (> 3000 PHP files).
bornste

Postby AndyM84 » September 10th, 2012, 9:56 am

bornste, you should consider using AnkhSVN as your Visual Studio SVN extension. I use it with PHP Tools and it does a great job detecting when I'm within a working copy.
AndyM84

Postby Miloslav Beno » September 10th, 2012, 1:25 pm

Hi bornste,

We are currently finishing version with PHP Web Project together with integrated debugger. Time frame for private beta is around two weeks. I can give you access to it once it's ready.
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby bornste » October 18th, 2012, 10:20 am

Hi Miloslav

I would love to get my hands on the coming private beta. Specially since debugging PHP was a pain up to now (I never got it working with Eclipse).

BTW, we now bought the plugin (Commercial license) since its Intellisense is somewhat impressiv and reliable and better than any other solution we tried (Eclipse, Vs.php, Aptana and NetBeans).

@AndyM84: I'm using AnkhSVN but unfortunately it doesn't show the status on folders if the project is a web site project. My project has around 3'500 files and it would be a huge advantage for me to see already on a folder whether the files inside are modified or not.

PS: Sorry for my late reply, I missed the "Notify me on reply" checkbox ;)
bornste

Next

Return to PHP Tools