Exception on Visual Studio 2017

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Exception on Visual Studio 2017

Postby ivicakmk » December 27th, 2018, 1:05 pm

Hello.

I am getting this issue quite often.
I get this message: "An exception has been encountered. This may be caused by an extension. You can get more information by examining the file...."

After this, the the browser is just loading if you try to open a page and the only solution is to close the debugger.

Note that I don't have any other extensions installed except for PHP Tools and I have the latest versions of PHP Tools, Visual Studio and Windows 10 (x64).

I am attaching the ActivityLog.xml
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ivicakmk

Re: Exception on Visual Studio 2017

Postby Jakub Misek » December 30th, 2018, 12:51 pm

Hello Ivica,

Thank you for the feedback.

This error may be caused by a proxy, a firewall or an antivirus software (that might block certain Windows Socket API). We'll take a closer look and let you know, and hopefully fix the issue.

As I remember, we have already encountered the same problem with an antivirus software.
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby ivicakmk » January 25th, 2019, 7:39 am

Hello. I tested it with my antivirus disabled. I use NOD32 and no proxies and no firewall except for the one from the windows itself. The problem happened again.
ivicakmk

Postby Jakub Misek » January 29th, 2019, 12:34 pm

We have also found it is caused by certain VPN software. Do you have anything like that?
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Return to PHP Tools