(done) Caching intellisense info?

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

(done) Caching intellisense info?

Postby mhpcc » October 22nd, 2018, 8:40 pm

Hello,

first of all, great job on the extension, I love it and recently bought a license. Once my projects load, everything works as expected, but every time I close visual studio and open it again, every single file in the solution is scanned again. Yes, on every start of visual studio, I have to wait 15 minutes for it to scan 500.000 files again so I can start working - if I attempt to do anything in visual studio meanwhile, the application will hang and three minutes later crash. C++ and C# projects of similar size load within a couple of seconds,python projects load decently quick too, it's just .phpproj Projects that are rescanned every single time. This happens in the versions 0.925 and the latest beta too, the fixed bug had something to do with vs crashing on project load no matter what even on small projects.

Any way to tell visual studio to cache files so intellisense doesn't reload them all on every project launch? Another issue is that one of composers packages is always seen as missing (emhar/search-doctrine-bundle) and will prompt the dialog if I want to run composer install. When I choose no, a couple minutes into the project being loaded, it will suddenly see the bundle as loaded again.

Thank you in advance.
mhpcc

Re: Caching intellisense info?

Postby Jakub Misek » October 24th, 2018, 2:47 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

Processing the project open should be much faster in the recent update (version 1.29.11015 https://www.devsense.com/en/download)

Basically we cache something but; all anyways the files are always read from disk and processed. We'll consider adding a disk cache.

Please create a separate question for the composer issue, as I'm going to mark this one as done :)

Thanks!
Jakub
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Re: (done) Caching intellisense info?

Postby mhpcc » October 25th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Oh the composer issue is not as important, the extra click on project load won't kill me. Thanks for looking into caching.
mhpcc

Return to PHP Tools