The method or operation is not implemented

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

The method or operation is not implemented

Postby mburnett » September 14th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Brand new to Visual Studio here, so please have patience.

I've been using Visual Studio Code for a few months and decided to make the move to Visual Studio given some of its web publishing features (at least that's what my Pluralsight instructor suggested).

In VSC (after installing Felix Becker's PHP Debug extension), I was able to pull a folder into the Explorer, open a PHP file, set a breakpoint, click F5 to initiate, and F11 to step through.

In VS (after installing PHP Tools), opening the same source folder, opening a file, setting a breakpoint, and clicking F5, an error pops up immediately that says "The method or operation is not implemented."

I just installed VS today and PHP Tools is the first and only extension I've added. What do I need to do to get this working?

Note that I've shut down/restarted VS already after installing the extension. Some other forums suggested this step for this particular error, but it did not fix my issue.

Many thanks in advance.
mburnett

Re: The method or operation is not implemented

Postby Miloslav Beno » September 21st, 2018, 9:33 am

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Open Folder feature in Visual Studio cannot debug PHP now. We are planning to take a look at this, but for now, you have to create PHP Project https://docs.devsense.com/en/vs#first-php-project

Please let me know if that helped or if I can help you set everything up.

Cheers!
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools