Win April update freezes VS2017 at start

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Win April update freezes VS2017 at start

Postby WaldemarHasz » September 12th, 2018, 9:03 am

Hi guys

I've already emailed to Miroslav but is currently not responding.

Anyway the first time Wins updated to April we got the same symptoms, but as I needed to work on the project urgently I've reversed the April update and all was good again. But now I've tried it again and the behavior is still the same.

So can somebody help, so that we would do a TeamViewer or whatever session and you could check where is the error.

Anyway the files are located on a Centos 6.9 VM with Samba share. And even before the current error I couldn't add files through the Add menu item, but had to edit the project directly.
So maybe now is the time to fix both issues.

Best regards
Waldemar
WaldemarHasz

Re: Win April update freezes VS2017 at start

Postby mikesocha3 » September 25th, 2018, 5:40 am

Hello,

I'm getting the same or similar problem as the OP here. After upgrading to 1.29.10958 visual studio will freeze after opening a sln with php projects. If I create the project fresh and start developing in the php pages after that, there won't be a problem until I open the sln again. The sln viewer window will show (loading) next to the php project in the sln items pane there and then visual studio (2017) will never unfreeze. I have to kill the process every time.

Let me know if you want to do a screenshare.

Thanks!
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mikesocha3

Postby mikesocha3 » September 25th, 2018, 5:49 am

One more thing: in the mean time if anyone else sees this post and needs an immediate fix, uninstalling the latest php tools version and installing version 1.29.10893.2017 remedied the situation for me.
mikesocha3

Postby maros.beno » September 27th, 2018, 8:59 am

Hi,
we are aware of this problem and communicating it with Microsoft. I will let you know when it will be fixed.

Thanks for reporting this, have a nice day.
Maroš Beňo
maros.beno

Postby volkerstraehle » September 27th, 2018, 3:35 pm

I am using VS 15.8.5 with PHP Tools for Visual Studio 1.29.10958.2017

I am facing the same problem, even if there are only some folders in my sln.
volkerstraehle

Return to PHP Tools