Repeatable freeze while debugging

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Repeatable freeze while debugging

Postby waltoney » August 7th, 2018, 2:23 pm

VS is repeatably freezing with the message "Waiting for parse to complete" in the following scenario:

1. Launch debugger with Edge from a PHPTools project
2. Do something in the Edge browser window
3. Click inside a project file (PHP, HTML, whatever)
waltoney

Re: Repeatable freeze while debugging

Postby Miloslav Beno » August 27th, 2018, 7:21 am

Hello,

This looks like a Visual Studio bug. Could you try to delete suo file and open the php project again?

Thanks
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby waltoney » August 27th, 2018, 7:53 am

"suo" file? I omitted to mention that both Edge AND VS are frozen, such that I had to use TaskManager to kill the processes.
waltoney

Postby Miloslav Beno » August 27th, 2018, 9:03 am

suo it's usually localted at SolutionFolder\.vs\SolutionName\v15 (if you have vs 2017)

Try to delete it, restart VS and try the debug again.

Anyway if that won't help and it freezes, start another instane of Visual Studio, attach to the stuck process ( Debug | Attach to Process, find devenv.exe - the stuck one ) , and Attach.

When attached, you can pause the process and you should be able to see what caused the lock - if guy is frozen there is something on the main thread waiting.

Anyway if you are not sure or it didn't help, we can plan teamviewer session and take a look together.

Thank you,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby maros.beno » August 29th, 2018, 9:26 am

Hi! Does this happen to you only in one particular project or even when you create new empty one? Also what do you do specifically in edge browser window please? I was unable to reproduce your issue, debugging with edge works perfectly for me. Maybe they fixed something in the newest VS 2017 where I'm trying it. (VS 15.8.2) Please try to upgrade to the latest VS and try it if it still happening to you let us know. Have a nice day!
Maroš Beňo
maros.beno

Return to PHP Tools