(done) Visual Studio 2017 Debugging

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Re: Visual Studio 2017 Debugging

Postby timt » August 6th, 2018, 1:48 pm

Hi

I'm having similar issue having just installed WP and PHP 7.1 via the platform installer.

I have a 64 bit system, I'm a bit confused following the instructions:

are you saying php 32 bit was installed and I need to match the xdebug also with 32 bit version
or
php 64 bit was installed and I need to match the xdebug also with 64 bit version
or

something else?

Why rename the dll and does the ini file has to then point to the renamed file?

At present I have renamed the file, pointed the ini file to match and I can see the xdebug in the info dump when I run the site, however symbols are still not loading.

Hope that makes sense
Thanks Tim
timt

Postby timt » August 7th, 2018, 7:49 am

Now fixed - was trying to run as a standard project, needed to convert existing WP project first then it all fell into place :)
timt

Postby Miloslav Beno » August 7th, 2018, 8:12 am

Hi,

The issue is a bug in WebPI Feed. If you try to install PHP 7.0 (or 7.1, 7.2) x86 with WebPI and you have 64bit system (as everyone) WebPI will download 64bit version of PHP and install it to x86 folder - a bug.

I've contacted Microsoft and they know about the bug now. We can hope they will fix this one soon, or we will need to find a way around this.

Thanks,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby Miloslav Beno » August 10th, 2018, 7:34 am

Hi guys,

The WebPi Feed has been fixed. If you've already installed PHP (7.0, 7.1, 7.2) and Xdebug and debugging doesn't work, go to
Code: Select all
%programfiles(x86)%\IIS Express\PHP
, and delete dirs v7.0, v7.1, v7.2. Then you can let PHP Tools to install it again. It should work now.

Thanks,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Previous

Return to PHP Tools