Does not work on new install of VS Professional 2017

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Does not work on new install of VS Professional 2017

Postby marilynliddell » June 27th, 2018, 8:13 am

Hi,

I have been having problems with my VS becoming unstable, so I decided to remove and reinstall it.

After re-installation of Visual Studio I installed the latest version of PHP Tools (1.24.10137), which was successful.

However, after running Visual Studio, none of the PHP Tools interface elements appear: no options, no PHP project types, etc. I can see the plugin listed in the extensions list, but no errors show up.

My OS: Windows 7
VS version: VS Professional 2017

I will now try installing older versions of the plugin to see if that resolves the issue.

Regards,
DanTalash

marilynliddell

Re: Does not work on new install of VS Professional 2017

Postby maros.beno » June 27th, 2018, 8:19 am

Hi,
sorry to hear you have a problem. It looks like a corrupted installation. I recommend trying to uninstalling the extension and installing it again.

Also, the version of PHP Tools you mentioned (1.24.10137) is quite old and may cause problems on newest Visual Studio 2017. You can always find our latest version on our website in download section https://www.devsense.com/download or here https://www.devsense.com/download?downl ... 1&ver=2017 . Hopefully it will resolve any problems you are having.

Have a nice day!
Maroš Beňo
maros.beno

Return to PHP Tools