Word wrap (PHP/HTML) might not be working properly.

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Word wrap (PHP/HTML) might not be working properly.

Postby ys_gh » February 25th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Hello,

I have never been sure if this is a problem with PHP Tools or with Visual Studio itself, but after updating them both and experimenting for a while today, I decided to report it here first.

Word wrap doesn't seem to be working properly for PHP/HTML code with PHP Editor, the word-wrapped part ignoring the original indentation and going back to the leftmost edge of the screen:

index_php.png

...whereas, when index.html is indented with HTML Editor, the indentation is kept as the code below, which I guess is the originally intended behaviour of PHP Tools too:

index_html.png

The code is here:
Code: Select all
<?php
function test()
{
    if ( true )
    {
        if ( true )
        {
            if ( true )
            {
                $str = 'Once a sweet little girl, named Red Ridinghood, lived with her mother in a house near a wood, and her loving Grandmother lived on the other side of the wood.';
            }
        }
    }
}
?>
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
</head>
<body>
    <div>
        <div>
            <div>
                Once a sweet little girl, named Red Ridinghood, lived with her mother in a house near a wood, and her loving Grandmother lived on the other side of the wood.
            </div>         
        </div>
    </div>
</body>
</html>

I am using Visual Studio Community 2017 (version 15.5.7) and PHP Tools for Visual Studio 2017 (version 1.25.10567).

I am completely new to programming, and I am really sorry if I am missing something very basic. I would appreciate your advice if that is the case. Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ys_gh

Re: Word wrap (PHP/HTML) might not be working properly.

Postby maros.beno » March 1st, 2018, 10:17 am

Hi,
we might look at this sometime, but it's like this for the time being. Thanks for reporting this, nobody even noticed it until now.
Maroš Beňo
maros.beno

Re: Word wrap (PHP/HTML) might not be working properly.

Postby ys_gh » March 3rd, 2018, 11:28 pm

Hello,

thank you for the reply. Maybe not many people use wordwrap function in this widescreen monitor era... I understand. I will be just hoping that a fix will perhaps be considered sometime in the future. Thank you again.
ys_gh

Return to PHP Tools