VS crashes after PHP Tools updated today

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

VS crashes after PHP Tools updated today

Postby aleide » February 1st, 2018, 2:36 pm

Hi,
my VS (2015 Community Edition, on Win 7 64 bit) crashes as soon as I open a PHP project, since PHP Tools installed the update few minutes ago.

I find this in the log (cannot find assembly Devsense.PHP.Phar, Version=1.0.0.0)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Non è stato possibile caricare il file o l'assembly 'Devsense.PHP.Phar, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b4bee2bf1f98593' o una delle relative dipendenze. Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
File name: 'Devsense.PHP.Phar, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5b4bee2bf1f98593'
 at 



.InvokeTask()
 at PHP.VisualStudio.Language.TaskQueue..
		()

AVV: la registrazione dell'associazione di assembly è disattivata.
Per abilitare la registrazione degli errori di associazione di assembly, impostare il valore del Registro di sistema [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) su 1.
Nota: alcune penalità di prestazione sono associate alla registrazione degli errori di associazione di assembly.
Per disattivare la funzionalità, rimuovere il valore del Registro di sistema [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

aleide

Re: VS crashes after PHP Tools updated today

Postby Miloslav Beno » February 7th, 2018, 1:52 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the report. We are trying to reproduce this, bud we are not able to do so on any configuration we've tried.

Could you please specify what exact version of VS do you have and what other extensions? Do you remember what version did you have before update?

Would you try to enable fusion log so we can see in detail why .NET is not able to load/find this assembly?

Jus add to registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion
DWORD EnableLog set value to 1

After this I recommend to delete this from registry as it slows .NET down.

If you want we can also try remote session directly with you.

Thank you so much for your patience and cooperation.
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools