Starting with/without Debugging Does Nothing?

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Starting with/without Debugging Does Nothing?

Postby davidshq » August 18th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Hi Folks,

So, a new issue has popped up for me. I'm not sure what changed on my system to cause this, but hoping someone has seen something similar.

Whether I start with or without debugging doesn't matter, the page never loads, but neither does any breakpoint get triggered. It seems like it isn't even loading the page. Here is the log from my Output window:

Auto-attach to process '[2532] PHP.Debugger.Systray.exe' on machine 'nameofmachine' succeeded.
No directory mapping established.
Auto-attach to process '[9780] php_remote.exe' on machine 'XPS-8700' succeeded.
The program '[9780] php_remote.exe' has exited with code -1 (0xffffffff).

I don't believe the "No directory mapping established" message was occurring previously, not sure why it is now, or where I would go to resolve this?

I tried to lookup code -1 for php_remote.exe but didn't find much other than this error someone reported to xdebug regarding using PHP Tools:
https://bugs.xdebug.org/view.php?id=1046

I did install Composer on my system, but not sure how that could have effected anything?

Thanks,
Dave
davidshq

Re: Starting with/without Debugging Does Nothing?

Postby davidshq » August 18th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Okay, somehow I got past that...The main things I did were:

* Turned off Web Essentials (this didn't seem to do anything)
* Turned on the Windows Feature CGI
* Updated to the latest PHP Tools that was just released this morning.

Now the problem is that I am getting exceptions thrown b/c session doesn't have access to the folder, e.g.:
session_start(): open(C:\WINDOWS\temp\sess_34khij6vagsd67ml0cmar4bd12, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)

I thought maybe I could just create a directory somewhere else (and I did) and gave the user permissions to it and updated the session.save_path in php.ini to point to it, but it continues to want to use C:\WINDOWS\temp.

I suspect this is because it is being overridden by the system variables?

Help!

Thanks,
Dave
davidshq

Re: Starting with/without Debugging Does Nothing?

Postby Miloslav Beno » August 22nd, 2017, 8:19 am

Hi,

I'm glad you've solved the issue with debugging.

About the permissions, take a look at the output of phpinfo() which php.ini is used and if the session.save_path is setup correctly.

There could be PHPRC environmental variable that would force php to look for php.ini in different location.

Thanks!
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools