User defined XDEBUG_SESSION_START ??

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

User defined XDEBUG_SESSION_START ??

Postby jazz » August 14th, 2017, 1:20 am

Hello Devsensors.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to have a user-defined value for XDEBUG_SESSION when starting a debug session?

Here's my reasoning. As I navigate through my app the URL will inevitably dump the XDEBUG_SESSION_START parameter. Which is fine for a little while as it is cached in the browser with the XDEBUG_SESSION cookie. However, this expires an hour after the last time a request with XDEBUG_SESSION_START was issued.

I'm using chrome and have a pretty cool extension I was using with Eclipse called "Xdebug Helper", which allows me to set the XDEBUG_SESSION value and enable/disable it at will. However, to make it even more useful I would like to have a common XDEBUG_SESSION value for all my projects which is why I am asking this. In eclipse this used to be XDEBUG_ECLIPSE. PHPStorm has PHPSTORM. But the extension supports a custom one.

I'm just looking at getting rid of the last few small issues in my development process and debug sessions timing out is currently the main one.

Any thoughts? Could we get this as a configurable field in the project properties?

Thanks as always.
Try Hazaar MVC - http://www.hazaarmvc.com
The MVC Framework that makes PHP not suck!

jazz

Return to PHP Tools