Feature request: Phing support

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Feature request: Phing support

Postby thomas-worm » April 19th, 2017, 5:53 am

Hello,

I am wondering why there is no build action possible with the PHP Tools.
I.e. I am developing extension for the TYPO3 CMS and therefore I would like to make a phing build file to pack my extension to TYPO3 extension format.
In other projects I just want to use phing to pack my PHP files distributable in ZIP format.

I would like if you extend the PHP Tools with Phing support. For more information about Phing you can visit https://www.phing.info/.

If there will come no Phing support, then I want to ask if there is another possibility to do build actions. Currently I only found a way in manually patching the .sln and .phpproj file.

Best Regards,
Thomas
thomas-worm

Re: Feature request: Phing support

Postby Miloslav Beno » April 22nd, 2017, 9:30 am

Hello Thomas,

Thanks for great feature request!

Actually we do have Phing support planned. Basicaly we want to add Phing support to Task Runner Explorer Runner ( which is used for Gul, Grunt, Npm or other non-msbuild build engines in VS). We belive this should cover most of the use-cases with Phing. There are few other things before this on the list, but we'll do our best to have it asap.

As you've mentioned you can also just manually modify phpproj file to do what you want by adding Exec task which calls phing. Or you can create a target that does the job and import it in phpproj, but MsBuild knowledge is required for this. I could help with this if you'd like to try this approach.

Have a great day,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools