PHP Tools in VS2010 blocks some functions of VS Intellisense

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

PHP Tools in VS2010 blocks some functions of VS Intellisense

Postby nbozovic@visaris » April 3rd, 2017, 9:50 am

I've installed PHP Tools, and started working something.
And noticed more than several times that Intellisense is no longer working as it should in VS 2010.
For example when I type text Intellisense popups, I use arrows to select correct entry or leave on preselected entry.
And press Enter Key (not tab). Intellisense auto complete works on clean install of VS 2010, tested several PCs.

But on my PC it doesn't. There are two things that happens on my PC:
- first it does nothing.
- second case is it closes and inserts new line without completing selected work in Intellisense dialog.

This is a bit annoying since you need reopen Intellisense, select again entry you wanted and press TAB (which we haven't ever used, I have started using VS since version 5 - somewhere in mid 1990's so you might guess how annoying this is. when you are using something in one way little over 20 years, and someone changes that behavior).

After removing PHP Tools for Visual studio from my PC functionality was restored to normal.
nbozovic@visaris

Return to PHP Tools