ArgumentOutOfRangeException

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Postby rmgalante » March 21st, 2017, 7:48 pm

Hi,

I thought I'd report this exception and the contents of the entry in my ActivityLog so you have more information to diagnose and fix the problem. I know that others have the same problem. Maybe some details in this log will help.

I'm using VS 2015 Update 3.

<entry>
<record>753</record>
<time>2017/03/21 19:37:52.215</time>
<type>Error</type>
<source>Editor or Editor Extension</source>
<description>System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.&#x000D;&#x000A;Parameter name: startIndex&#x000D;&#x000A; at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Web.Editor.Text.TextProvider.GetText(Int32 position, Int32 length)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Web.Editor.Text.TextProvider.GetText(ITextRange range)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Html.Core.Artifacts.ArtifactCollection.IsDestructiveChangeForItemSeparators(IArtifact item, ISensitiveFragmentSeparatorsInfo separatorInfo, String actualRightSeparator, Int32 start, Int32 oldLength, Int32 newLength, ITextProvider oldText, ITextProvider newText)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Html.Core.Parser.Fragments.SensitiveFragmentCollection`1.IsDestructiveChangeForSeparator(ISensitiveFragmentSeparatorsInfo separatorInfo, IReadOnlyList`1 itemsInRange, Int32 start, Int32 oldLength, Int32 newLength, ITextProvider oldText, ITextProvider newText)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Html.Core.Parser.Fragments.SensitiveFragmentCollection`1.IsDestructiveChange(Int32 start, Int32 oldLength, Int32 newLength, ITextProvider oldText, ITextProvider newText)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Html.Editor.Tree.TextChangeAnalyzer.ChangeInsideArtifact(TextChangeContext change)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Html.Editor.Tree.TextChangeAnalyzer.DetermineChangeType(TextChangeContext change)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Html.Editor.Tree.TreeUpdateTask.OnTextChanges(List`1 textChanges)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.Html.Editor.Tree.HtmlEditorTree.OnTextBufferChanged(Object sender, TextContentChangedEventArgs e)&#x000D;&#x000A; at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args)</description>
</entry>

Regards.
rmgalante

Return to PHP Tools