PHP Startup errors

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

PHP Startup errors

Postby lieszkol » January 21st, 2017, 10:11 am

Whenever I open (or reload) a PHP project VS shows half a dozen startup errors (i.e. PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext...).

I assume this is coming from PHP Tools. My question is: where is PHP tools getting the path to PHP when loading a project? It doesn't seem to be correlated to the interpreter and config path set in the VS settings dialog, and it isn't the PHP set in my windows PATH. How is VS finding php? which php.ini file is it using?

In my C: drive I have three PHP folders:
C:\PHP
C:\PHP5.4
C:\PHP56

From what I can tell, VS is somehow using php.ini from the second folder (PHP5.4). I can rename it PHP50 or PHP59, it still uses that folder (I was thinking it's finding the folder alphabetically). If I rename it C:\xPHP5.4 (so I put a letter before PHP) then the errors go away. Any ideas?

THe project actually runs fine, it's just these startup errors that are driving me nuts.
lieszkol

Re: PHP Startup errors

Postby Miloslav Beno » January 23rd, 2017, 1:28 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

We try to find all php versions installedon your machine. The process is quite complex, but C:\PHP* is one of the options that are tried. xPHP* is not, so that's why problem goes away when the folder is renamed.

Could you please send us feedback from VS, maybe we will see more internal information which would help us to diagnose https://docs.devsense.com/troubleshooting/feedback.

I'm just guessing here now. The error like you've described comes from PHP itself, so something is trying to run php. The only case I can think of right now is when PHP project is running composer so it can download missing dependencies? Or it just thinks it must download them. If you take a look into reference node in the solution explorer, do you see some dependency that is missing?

OR our composer supports thinks you have some custom installed composer packages and it has to run composer to find out more about them.

I was just guessing here, if you could please send us the feedback from VS we can find out more.

Thanks!
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools