VS 2017 RC Crashing when opening PHP projects

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Re: VS 2017 RC Crashing when opening PHP projects

Postby jazz » January 11th, 2017, 11:17 pm

So the version looks correct now, but I'm getting an error when I do anything with a PHP project.

This error popped up when I created a new project from existing code. Initially nothing happened when I created the project, but then when I tried to open it (it actually created the project file but no solution) it threw this error.

I also get a log of these when trying to open an existing project/solution. Generally a line in the Output panel that says:

D:\Source\example\Example.phpproj : error : Method not found: 'Devsense.PHP.Nodes.Tables.ITableType Devsense.PHP.Nodes.Tables.ITables.GetClass(Devsense.PHP.Syntax.QualifiedName)'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Try Hazaar MVC - http://www.hazaarmvc.com
The MVC Framework that makes PHP not suck!

jazz

Postby Jakub Misek » January 12th, 2017, 8:40 am

Hi Jazz,

It seams there is an older PHP Tools installed on your system.

Please close VS [2010,2012,2013,2015] and delete following folder:

`C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Devsense.PHP.Nodes`
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby jazz » January 13th, 2017, 6:23 am

Thanks Jakub. Yes, on this machine I do have 2015 installed as well because VS2017 kept crashing.

I did as you said and got a different error when trying to create/open a project. But then uninstalling and re-installing the extension in VS2017 allowed me to then create a new PHP project using existing code without crashing.

I then added a second project to the solution which is my composer library (this used to crash VS2017 consistently) and it is now working!

I've done some quick testing with things that used to make it crash and seems to be OK now. if that's the case I can remove VS2015 and move into 2017 full time.

Thanks heaps, guys!

jamie
Try Hazaar MVC - http://www.hazaarmvc.com
The MVC Framework that makes PHP not suck!

jazz

Previous

Return to PHP Tools