PHPUnit Tests

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

PHPUnit Tests

Postby merrettmi » June 21st, 2016, 4:31 pm

Hi:
as near as i can tell, setting a reference to any version of phpunit does not actually do anything - it still uses PHPUnit 4.5.0 - how do i change it to the latest version of PHPUnit???

it seems the command line to run tests is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IIS Express\PHP\v5.6\php.exe" -ddisplay_errors=1 -dxdebug.remote_enable=1 -dxdebug.remote_handler=dbgp -dxdebug.remote_mode=req -dxdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1 -dxdebug.remote_port=9000 "C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT VISUAL STUDIO 14.0\COMMON7\IDE\EXTENSIONS\DEVSENSE\PHP TOOLS\phpunit-4.5.phar" -c "D:\CODE\_PHP_Production_code\Occurances\TESTS\phpUnit_Config_file.xml.tmp" --testsuite PhpTools_TestSuite

and version phpunit-4.5.phar seems to be hard coded -- the current version is 5.4.6

Thanks,
Mike
merrettmi

Re: PHPUnit Tests

Postby Jakub Misek » June 21st, 2016, 5:05 pm

Hi,

Yes, integrated Test Explorer uses hardcoded PHP Unit distributed together with PHP Tools.

Since we have a PHPUnit plugin communicating back with Visual Studio, any change to PHP Unit version may result in a corrupted Test Explorer. We'll update bundled PHPUnit to latest version in the next PHP Tools udpate.

Thanks,
Jakub
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Re: PHPUnit Tests

Postby Phrisox » February 13th, 2017, 1:52 pm

Hello together,

I want to ask if there are new news about a new version (5.7 / 6.0) of phpunit.
I see that there is a new version of phptools in preview. Is there an update included?

Thanks, Marcel
Phrisox

Return to PHP Tools