Smarty TPL

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Re: Smarty TPL

Postby RobIII » January 11th, 2017, 12:47 pm

Miloslav Beno wrote:Hi!

Perfect, please let us know if preview solves this.

Thanks!

1.21.9415 still hangs my Visual Studio 2015...

1.20.9101 works fine.
RobIII

Postby Miloslav Beno » January 11th, 2017, 3:14 pm

Hi!

Sorry about the hassle. Could you please try the latest preview? https://www.devsense.com/download

Thanks so much,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby RobIII » January 18th, 2017, 5:08 pm

Miloslav Beno wrote:Hi!

Sorry about the hassle. Could you please try the latest preview? https://www.devsense.com/download

Thanks so much,

Nope. Sorry. Still hangs my Visual Studio 2015 when opening any (simple or complex) .tpl file.

I can attach/debug a new VS instance but I have no clue on where to go from there. What do I do / what do I click to provide you with details? What kind of details would help?

1.20.9101 = OK
1.21.9350 = Hang on open .tpl
1.22.9478 = Hang on open .tpl
RobIII

Postby Miloslav Beno » January 18th, 2017, 5:31 pm

Hello!

We think we finally found out what might be happening in your case and fix it for the next update.

But just to make sure, since you've offered attach/debug... If you would attach Visual Studio and turn on break on exception. Just to make sure, you can turn on all Managed exceptions. Then open tpl file.

We are most likely looking for NullReferenceException when opening tpl file. This would be very helpful!

Thanks so much!
Miloslav Beno

Postby RobIII » January 20th, 2017, 3:09 pm

Miloslav Beno wrote:Hello!

We think we finally found out what might be happening in your case and fix it for the next update.

But just to make sure, since you've offered attach/debug... If you would attach Visual Studio and turn on break on exception. Just to make sure, you can turn on all Managed exceptions. Then open tpl file.

We are most likely looking for NullReferenceException when opening tpl file. This would be very helpful!

Thanks so much!

1.22.9515 seems to work OK (just noticed you released a new(er) version).
I'll uninstall, download 1.22.9478 and try again with a debugger attached; should hang.
RobIII

Postby RobIII » January 20th, 2017, 3:22 pm

I tried with 1.22.9478 installed. Opened VS and another VS. Attached second VS instance to first one. Ensured "Break on all (managed) exceptions" was checked. Opened .tpl file and first VS instance hung. Not responding. However, second VS instance dind't break or anything; it just sat there...

However, the latest version (1.22.9515) seems to have fixed it/something. I have sucessfully opened several .tpl files. Will confirm later if no problems show after some more long-term use.
RobIII

Postby Miloslav Beno » January 22nd, 2017, 11:19 am

Hi Rob,

Thanks for trying it. So hopefully the latest update fixed the issue for your. Please let us know if you'd run into anything else.

Thanks!
Miloslav Beno

Previous

Return to PHP Tools