Bug in version 1.14.5495

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Bug in version 1.14.5495

Postby fantasticjamieburns » September 7th, 2014, 12:07 am

:?

Hi,

I am seeing weird behaviour in version 1.14.5495 when it comes to opening files from the "Find Results" window.

If I open files using Solution Explorer, everything seems fine, in particular:

------------------------
(1) When I change file tabs the matching file is tracked in the Solution Explorer tree.
------------------------
(2) When I double click an already open file in the Solution Explorer tree the appropriate open tab is selected for me.
------------------------

If I open files using the Find Results window, the behaviour changes, in particular:

------------------------
(1) When I change file tabs to a file that I had previously opened from the Find Results window the matching file is not tracked in the Solution Explorer.
------------------------
(2) When I double click an already opened file in the Solution Explorer, that I had previously opened from the Find Results window, the loaded tab is not selected for me and instead I am presented with an error Dialog saying "This document is opened by another project". It isn't open anywhere else.
------------------------

I only see this issue in my PHP projects, not C#, and have not experienced this issue in the past year or so of using PHP Tools.

A screenshot of the error dialog is attached.

If you identify an issue and fix, I would appreciate a beta.

Jamie.

OpenFileBug.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fantasticjamieburns

Re: Bug in version 1.14.5495

Postby fantasticjamieburns » September 7th, 2014, 11:58 pm

I have found another case where the behaviour applies.

If I use "Go To Definition" and a file is opened, then that file also exhibits the problems above. In addition to using the "Find Results" window.
fantasticjamieburns

Postby Miloslav Beno » September 8th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Hi Jamie,

I think we've found the reason for this (and other "Find Result" related issues) and we'll have fixed version ready for you to try soon. Could you just please take a look on the settings of the project where the file is located? What server are you using and what url does it have?

Thanks!
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby Jakub Misek » September 9th, 2014, 12:47 pm

Update fixing an issue with opened document and related IntelliSense available at http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microso ... 5f50c95fb5
Jakub Misek │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. | @misekjakubjakub@devsense.com
Jakub Misek

Postby fantasticjamieburns » September 11th, 2014, 12:03 am

Thanks for the speedy turnaround, the problem appears fixed.

Jamie.
fantasticjamieburns

Return to PHP Tools