A bug and two questions...

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

A bug and two questions...

Postby dvsacc » January 26th, 2014, 7:16 pm

Hello!

Nice tool so far, however I guess I've encountered a bug. It's about the "opened files session" of Visual Studio. Let's say for example I open index.php and test.php in this order. Now, test.php is the left tab (active), while index.php is the tab to the right of it (inactive).
Now I close the solution and reopen it. The "session" was saved, it still looks all the same. test.php is active (viewed) and index.php is inactive, right to it.
But when I click the index.php tab now to view it, something strange happens: Two more tabs open, both with the name index.php. Now it looks like: index.php (active, but nothing there, just gray!), another index.php (if I click this, the content of index.php shows for a split second, then it becomes inactive again), test.php (all good, I can view it), yet another index.php (if I click this, the leftmost index.php tab becomes active, still with no content!).
And when I close the leftmost index.php tab, the rightmost tab (index.php) closes too and the one remaining index.php shows the same content as test.php!
So I have to close all tabs to get around this, annoying because so the opened files session functionality is not usable.

A question about scroll bars: I've selected "map mode" for text editor/php, however it still looks like the normal scrollbar. Not implemented (yet)?

One more question, about Xdebug: When stopping the debug session, the cookie remains in the browser. So if I request a site now without the debug session string, it doesn't load (php log: max execution time exceeded). I always have to manually request something with XDEBUG_SESSION_STOP=1 to delete the cookie so that I can browse the site normally again (when not debugging anymore).
Any way to automate this?

EDIT: Ah, I forgot about one thing: Is it possible to implement a hotkey for "Publish selected project" at least? (So that there is a command PHPTools.PublishSelection or such).

Using 1.9.4910.2013.

Thanks!
Greets,
dvsacc :)
dvsacc

Re: A bug and two questions...

Postby Miloslav Beno » January 28th, 2014, 3:55 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for your great and detailed feedback!

1. The tab bug
It's caused by workaround needed to work properly with Resharper (convince Resharper not to handle php files). It's only in VS2013. We'll release hotfix very soon.

2. Map mode/scrollbars settings
In current version it only works when set in HTML editor. In the next update it will work as expected.

3. It shouldn't be necessary to manually terminate the session. As PHP Tools Debugging Server won't be listening for any XDebug requests, so PHP should just go on even if cookie exist. Could you please check if somebody is still listening on XDebug port? e.g. with netstat

4. We'll take a look at it. As we're going to support also standard Visual Studio Web Publishing mechanism.

Thank you,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby dvsacc » January 29th, 2014, 11:59 am

Hey,

Thank you, looking forward to the fix and features, I'm glad I purchased a license ;)

Xdebug: When stopping debugging, nothing is listening on port 9000. However, a page needs about 20 seconds to load until I delete the cookie. On the server-side, I see a SYN_SENT to my machine from php-cgi.exe (using PHP 5.5), so I suspect this is just how Xdebug works (using 2.2.3). As the cookie is set, Xdebug tries to connect to me but as there is noone listening, it waits until socket timeout and then displays the page. :?
dvsacc

Postby Miloslav Beno » February 3rd, 2014, 5:36 pm

Hi there!

We'll consider adding option for XDEBUG_SESSION_STOP=1 when debugging session is terminated. I guess you are using remote debugging?

One currently available option e.g. for Chrome is XDebug-helper addin, which adds/removes the debug cookie easily.

Thanks!
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby dvsacc » February 7th, 2014, 8:43 am

Okay great!
Yes, using remote debugging.
Thanks!
dvsacc

Return to PHP Tools