Breakpoints not working

PHP Tools [?] extends Visual Studio with set of advanced features to work more efficiently with PHP code.

Breakpoints not working

Postby skizzerz » July 13th, 2013, 9:44 pm

When debugging in Visual Studio 2012, I'm unable to get breakpoints to work even though all settings appear to be set properly.

* xdebug shows as installed and uses the default port 9000 (both in php.ini and php tools settings)
* I'm using a local IIS 7.5 install, so in project settings I'm pointing to the custom url "http://localhost/" (I've also tried the specific subfolder that the application I'm debugging resides in, neither works)
* PHP tools shows no issues with the php.ini settings
* When I start debugging, Visual Studio properly goes into debugging mode, but refreshing the page in my web browser does not cause it to hit any breakpoints.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?
skizzerz

Re: Breakpoints not working

Postby Miloslav Beno » July 15th, 2013, 2:24 pm

Hello,

That seems to be a problem with php configuration or you don't have correct xdebug binary (make sure you have non thread safe, 32bit version).

Could you please check the section "Verify Installation" http://www.devsense.com/doc/phptools/debug/configuring-xdebug

Give me know if it helped.

Thanks,
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Postby skizzerz » July 15th, 2013, 3:43 pm

I figured out the issue, I had the project configured to not open a page when starting debugging, and thus I forgot I needed to add XDEBUG_SESSION_START=1 to the URL to make it activate xdebug.
skizzerz

Postby Miloslav Beno » July 15th, 2013, 4:19 pm

Ahh, good it works!

Btw. there is an option xdebug.remote_autostart = 1. With this option turned on you won't need XDEBUG_SESSION_START in the url.
Miloslav Beno │ DEVSENSE s.r.o. │ @miloslavbenomiloslav@devsense.com
Miloslav Beno

Return to PHP Tools